Construction Safety Program Coordinator
Posted: Apr 02, 2019
Searching for a local individual for a Construction Safety Coordinator. For this exciting position we are looking for a safety professional with technical expertise in Construction and Safety. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record with construction safety experience in addition to experience managing client relationships.
Posted: Mar 11, 2019
Responsible for performing plant and company safety related duties; as well as the planning, implementation and coordination of safety programs and procedures.
- Participates in achieving the goals of the safety organization
- Plans, implements and coordinates safety programs and procedures
- Keeps current with any changes in regulations and implements changes accordingly. Ensures manuals, policies and procedures are in place and in adherence to regulations and company expectations.
- Collaborates with other facility/site safety staff to support consistency and knowledge sharing across all sites as appropriate.
- Support and mentor the development of technical safety skills for employees and leaders in the facility
- Executes the safety vision and plan for the facility and mentor the staff and employees in achieving that vision.
- Conducts or coordinates employee training in areas of safety, regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Leads and documents appropriate risk/hazard assessments. Conducts corresponding follow-ups and implementation of corrective action items to minimize and/or eliminate incidents that have the potential to cause harm to one of the Company’s employees, contractors, or visitors.
- Effectively communicates the health and safety goals, objectives, performance expectations, and metrics throughout the facility.
- Partners with HR and the Worker’s Compensation program seeking to identify opportunities for improved safety performance and cost reduction.
- Performs and administers safety audits and inspects safety facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Oversees facility safety inventory including supplies, equipment and training materials.
- Analysis and utilizes data to set safety priorities and develop action plans
- Models company core values
- Working toward/achieving two or Four year degree in Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene or related subject
- Working toward/achieving OHST, ASP or CIH
- Demonstrated 3+ years experience in safety leadership position
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of applicable occupational safety and health regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, verbal and electronic communications skills.
- Strong teaching, coaching, facilitation, and mentoring skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in dealing with confidential information
- Maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work in and maintain a highly functional team environment
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene or related subject
- OHST, ASP or CIH certifications
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.928.4768.